Assistant Center Director
Early Learning Indiana
The Assistant Director assists the Center Director in operating the center in accordance with ELI policies, procedures and state licensing standards to provide an educational, nurturing, and safe environment for children, parents, and staff. The Assistant Director is responsible for all Center operations and assumes all Center Director responsibilities and duties in the absence of the Center Director. The Assistant Director shares responsibility for the design and implementation of curriculum with the teachers.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain and ensure compliance with all center programs including FSSA, NAEYC, and CACFP
- Assist in the oversight of staff management and staff hiring
- Maintain compliance with all classroom documentation required for NAEYC, FSSA, Curriculum and Lesson Planning and child records
- Work with teachers to design and implement developmentally appropriate curriculum in each classroom.
- Liaise with community partners to demonstrate leadership in the community
- Create and foster an environment where customer service is top priority
Education and Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience.
- Must have at least a baccalaureate degree with a minimum of:
- 9 credit hours of specialized college-level course work in administration, leadership, or management
- 24 credit hours of specialized college-level course work in early childhood education, child development, elementary education or early childhood special education that address child development and learning from birth through kindergarten
- Able to meet the Alternative Pathways to Achieve Educational Qualification as outlined by NAEYC and be working towards the above requirements
- 2+ years of teaching experience
- Management experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Customer Service/Communication – Provide prompt, attentive, and friendly customer service in-person and by phone; represents the organization well; maintains personal accountability and ownership for providing excellent customer service. Communicates verbal and written ideas and thoughts clearly, accurately, and respectfully; seeks and responds to feedback from customers to improve service; seeks to understand the perspectives of others.
- Collaboration – Cooperates and works together with all co-workers; plan and complete job duties with minimal supervisory direction, including appropriate judgment; collaborates with and supports coworkers by helping out where needed; creates and maintains positive relationships with coworkers; asks for and listens to coworker feedback and incorporates feedback into revised processes; completes work on time and with proper quality; supports cross-training and shares learning with others.
- Professionalism/Respect – Demonstrates professionalism in appearance and actions; handles difficult or stressful situation in a calm and respectful manner; demonstrates fair treatment of others and supports a positive work environment.
- Problem Solving/Decision Making – Logically resolves most problem situations and develops alternative solutions when faced with obstacles; uses innovative ideas to resolve problems and develop effective solutions, takes responsibility for actions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee frequently is required to:
- Stand, walk, sit
- Use hands and fingers to handle books, paper, technology
- Speak and listen to others
- See and read
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl in interacting or intervening in dangerous situations
- The employee must frequently lift children or equipment up to 35 pounds.
The employee must occasionally lift children or equipment up to 50 pounds.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.