Day Early Learning
The assistant teacher provides a developmentally appropriate environment primarily for preschool aged children. Conducts individual activities to encourage learning and develop social interaction skills. Ensure routines are flexible and individualized to meet infants needs. Prepares and/or serves children’s meals. Maintains appropriate records of attendance and activities.
- Assists in planning age-appropriate, individual and group activities to stimulate growth in language, social, and motor skills such as learning to listen to instructions, playing with others, and using play equipment.
- Assists in the development and management of an attractive and engaging environment that encourages children’s independence and self-selection of activities.
- Promotes communication with parents through progress notes, monthly newsletter, and parent conferences.
- Helps to plan and implement hands on activities that include a balance of child initiated and teacher initiated activities.
- Alternates periods of strenuous activity with periods of rest or light activity to avoid overstimulation and fatigue.
- Helps children develop habits of caring for themselves, their belongings, toys, books and other classroom materials.
- Assesses children’s needs and developmental progress on an ongoing formal and informal basis.
- Ensures the daily schedule provides for smooth transitions and consistency in routines, yet is flexible, allowing variations to accommodate the individual needs of children.
- Complies with all licensing, accreditation and other documenting and reporting requirements.
- Assists ELI administration in collecting data for funding partners.
- Performs all other duties as assigned
To be a successful assistant teacher, an individual must have the following education and/or experience.
- Must have at least a high school diploma or GED.
- Must complete a CDA focusing on preschool children or 12 college credits in early childhood education within 2 years of hire.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.