Day Early Learning
Job Summary: Provides a developmentally appropriate environment for children. Conducts individual activities to encourage learning and develop social interaction skills. Ensure routines are flexible and individualized to meet children’s needs. Prepares and/or serves children’s meals. Maintains appropriate records of attendance and activities.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Actively collaborates with the lead teacher to maintain an attractive and engaging environment that encourages children’s independence and self-selection of activities.
- Effectively communicates with children, families, coworkers, and administration to support the success of children in one’s care.
- Helps children develop habits of caring for themselves, their belongings, and other classroom materials.
- Supports children in age appropriate activities and interactions.
- Collaborates with lead teacher to ensure the daily schedule provides for smooth transitions and consistency in routines, yet is flexible, allowing variations to accommodate the individual needs of children.
- Complies with all licensing, accreditation and other documenting and reporting requirements.
- Assists ELI administration in collecting data for funding partners.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Education Requirements: Must have at least a high school diploma or GED. Complete a CDA or 12 college credits in Early Childhood Education within 2 years of hire.
Experience: One year preferred
Knowledge: Basic understanding of child development from birth through age 8 acquired through practical experience and/or direct instruction.
Personal Dispositions: To perform this job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following personal dispositions.
- Values growth through learning and relationships.
- Values and respects the idea that a child is competent and capable of learning.
- Values their role and responsibility for supporting children in learning.
- Values and respects families as valuable contributor to children’s lives.
- Engages in self-reflection.
- Remains open to ideas; willing to learn and driven to improve.
- Commits to fostering positive rapport and demonstrate respect for others and their ideas.
Early Learning Indiana is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
Compensation: $12-15 per hour
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.