CCA Office Manager
Child Care Answers
The Office Manager will coordinate business knowledge and human resources administration to Child Care Answers. He/she will provide general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. He/she will manage various parts of the office, work closely with the team, answering phones, sorting and distributing mail, as well as general bookkeeping and benefits administration.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Coordinate with brokers and carriers on enrollment of benefits, participate in open enrollment process.
- Assist with budget monitoring and payroll and coordinate with finance/accounting vendors.
- Produce and submit reports on HR activity.
- Act as the face of the agency as the first contact with clientele who contact us in person or via phone, email, or web contact form.
- Collaborate with Child Care Answers staff to understand the core elements of our work, in order to answer inquiries or refer clientele to the appropriate resources
- Coordinate with Child Care Answers staff on work schedules, in order to appropriately refer requests and ensure continuity of service
- Direct visitors by maintaining employee and department directories; signing-in and giving instructions.
- Maintain continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Coordinate mail service receipts, sorts, and forwards.
- Assist in ordering, receiving, stocking, and distribution of office supplies.
- Maintain telecommunication system by following manufacturer’s instructions for house phone and console operation.
- Maintain safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Assist with a variety of administrative tasks such as copying, note taking, scheduling, filing, and other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience.
- Education: High school diploma or GED, Associate’s degree or certificate preferred
- Experience: Minimum 2 years of relative and payroll experience, plus similar time in a customer service role
- Excellent record keeping skills
- Experience posting and advertising jobs online with tools such as Indeed, LinkedIn, etc.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience working with Quickbooks or similar bookkeeping software
- Experience using Microsoft Office including, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Expectation to maintain work schedule during office hours, which may include some nights and/or weekends
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Written and Verbal Communication Skills: As the face of Child Care Answers, the Office Manager must possess superior communication and active listening skills to clearly articulate needs and opportunities to our audiences, in-person, via phone, or via email.
- Social Perceptiveness: The Office Manager must be socially aware of the socio-economic, geographic, cultural, and intellectual differences as he/she navigates from one audience to another.
- Interpersonal Skills: Interpersonal skills include things like compassion, positivity and patience, all of which the Office Manager must demonstrate daily, especially when dealing audience of all types. These skills are essential to building authentic relationships with potential audiences. He/she must maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Organizational Skills: To efficiently maintain the agency’s pipeline of potential employees, as well as its financial health, the Office Manager must be highly organized.
The statements contained herein describe the scope of the responsibility and essential functions of this position, but should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements.
Early Learning Indiana is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.