Community Engagement Specialist
We’re on a mission to ensure the highest level of early care and education for children in Indiana.
The Community Engagement Specialist provides comprehensive education to community stakeholders on Early Childhood Education, its importance to the broader community, and the needs of families requiring care. The Specialist will partner with community organizations to provide resources and other information to families they serve and act as a liaison for community collaboration. The Specialist will work with community organizations and leaders to assist with capacity building and economic development within Hamilton, Hendricks, and Marion Counties. He/she will facilitate, through outreach, the impact of high-quality early childhood care and education on the economic success of a community.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide primary support to community stakeholders to educate consumer services, including providing, creating, and updating resources on child care
- Deliver presentations that highlight the importance and need for quality child care in Central Indiana; attending community events and coalition meetings and educating community agency staff and local policy leaders
- Act as a liaison for community collaboration among families, corporations, local policy leaders, and Child Care Answers staff
- Engage the community in a culturally sensitive manner
- Facilitate, through outreach, the impact of high quality early childhood care and education on the economic success of a community, specifically focusing on nourishing existing relationships and creating new relationships with community organizations
- Work with community organizations and leaders focused on economic development to ensure early childhood care and education capacity is available and/or expandable
- Collaborate with Knowledge Manager to maintain social media presence within the community that targets user groups and provides information on Child Care Resource & Referrals (CCR&R) and community services
- Collaborate with colleagues across Child Care Answers to provide support to all audiences as needed.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, Consumer and Family Sciences, Marketing, Public Relations, Business Administration, Social Work, or Counseling
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in an early childhood setting, a CCR&R agency, or an agency providing community support services
- Conversational Spanish abilities preferred
- Additional requirements:
- Valid driver’s license
- Proof of automobile insurance
- Some weekends and nights
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
The successful employee will demonstrate individual competency in the following areas:
- Written and Verbal Communication Skills: Because the Community Engagement Specialist will spend most of his/her time communicating, the candidate must possess superior communication skills to clearly articulate needs and opportunities to our audiences, in-person, via phone, or via email.
- Active Listening Skills: The Community Engagement Specialist must demonstrate active listening to understand the specific situation of each potential audience, and to recall this information in a follow-up conversation. It is a key skill for building relationships.
- Social Perceptiveness: The Community Engagement Specialist must be socially aware of the socio-economic, geographic, cultural, and intellectual differences as he/she navigates from one audience to another.
- Interpersonal Skills: Interpersonal skills include things like compassion, positivity and patience, all of which the Community Engagement Specialist must demonstrate daily. These skills are essential to building authentic relationships with potential audiences.
- Organizational Skills: The Community Engagement Specialist must be highly organized to track the progress of where he/she is in the process of relationship building with each constituent.
The statements contained herein describe the scope of the responsibility and essential functions of this position, but should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.