Day Early Learning
The Day Early Learning cook prepares nutritionally-balanced, attractive, family-style meals for children and staff. The cook implements menus taking into account the center budget, the foods in season, local availability and state and federal nutritional requirements for children. Keeps an accurate inventory of supplies and orders replacement of supplies as needed.
- Prepare, or follow prepared, menus or other directives by Early Learning Indiana to ensure correct amounts and kinds of foods are provided
- Maintain an inventory of staples on hand; take inventory of freezer, refrigerator, and staples before ordering food
- Request appropriate amounts of ingredients based on designed menus
- Check food deliveries against orders
- Store food appropriately before preparation in refrigerator, freezer, bins, cupboards, etc. (Label & date all items stored in refrigerator, freezer & dry storage.)
- Keep storeroom orderly and rotate items for freshness.
- Prepare all foods using methods that maintain food value and freshness
- Prepare suitable quantity of food following CACFP guidelines so there are neither consistent run-outs, nor excessive leftovers
- Record amounts of food used daily
- Wash and sterilize dishes and all utensils according to sanitary regulations
- Regulate temperature for refrigerators and freezers and report problems with equipment immediately
- Follow regular cleaning schedule of kitchen and kitchen equipment; assist in special cleaning of kitchen equipment
- Observe safety rules
- Prepare foods as needed for parent meetings, receptions, etc.
- Prepare and deliver food to classrooms; Breakfast – 7:30 a.m., Snack – 9:30 a.m., Lunch – 11:30 a.m., lay out items for p.m. snack.
- Turn in menus weekly with substitutions noted; turns in invoices immediately to director so can be paid in a timely fashion
- Adheres to the budget outlined by management.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma (or the equivalent).
- ServeSafe food handlers’ training required within 90 days.
- ServeSafe food handlers’ certification preferred.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.