We’re on a mission to ensure the highest level of early care and education for children in Indiana.
The Data Specialist will spearhead strategies to understand our audiences through effective methods of gathering, analyzing, and presenting data. He/she will research industry-standard best practices for needs assessment and data collection and identify the most appropriate methods to implement for families requiring child care, early childhood and out-of-school-time programs, and community partners with a vested interest in quality early childhood education.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Design methods to assess the needs of various consumer groups and develop plans with measurable outcomes to meet the identified needs
- Utilize demographic and geographic data as well as State and Federal statistics to assess needs of targeted groups
- Develop qualitative and quantitative surveys that are reflective of the services offered by the local Child Care Resource & Referral (CCR&R) agency to all partners including stakeholders, families, programs, and employers
- Provide annual report on the supply/demand and quality of early childhood care and education that includes a gap analysis
- Collaborate with colleagues across Child Care Answers to provide support to all audiences as needed.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required in Business Administration, Data Analytics, Social Sciences, or related field
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in project and data management
- Industry Knowledge and Experience:
- Expert abilities with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Previous experience with survey tools such as Survey Monkey or Typeform
- Experience creating queries and reports within database applications
- Knowledge of Spanish a plus
- Infrequent nights and weekends
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
The successful employee will demonstrate individual competency in the following areas:
- Written and Verbal Communication Skills: The Data Specialist will tell stories with numbers, so the candidate must possess superior communication skills. Whether through reports, presentations, or in-person, phone, or email discussion, he/she must be able to clearly articulate findings and opportunities.
- Problem Solving and Analytical Skills: The Data Specialist must identify trends and challenges that appear in the data that he/she gathers. He/she must also be able to successfully pivot to alternative methods when original methods do not achieve desired success.
- Organizational Skills: To maintain efficiently the amount of data and requirements of the agency, the Data Specialistmust be highly organized. He/she must also be able to demonstrate progress in a clear and simple manner.
- Social Perceptiveness: The Data Specialist must be socially aware of the socio-economic, geographic, cultural, and intellectual differences as he/she navigates from one audience to another.
- Innovative Thinking: The Data Specialist must be able to collect and present information in an innovative way in order to maximize reach audiences and gather up-to-date information. These skills are essential for seeking out diverse perspectives and gaining fresh connections and networks.
The statements contained herein describe the scope of the responsibility and essential functions of this position, but should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.