Director of Center Administration
Early Learning Indiana
The Director of Center Administration is dedicated to support the Center leadership team at the Day Early Learning centers. Assisting Center leadership in operating a center of excellence evident through high quality classrooms, child outcomes and family satisfaction. Assist in ensuring that all centers are meetings and appropriately exceeding all regulatory expectations. Assisting with implementation of center of excellence model through regular onsite presence. In collaboration with the VP of Early Learning Administration the Director of Center Administration will demonstrate leadership by example through ongoing support, continuous innovation, targeted professional development and ongoing technical assistance
POSITION ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work collaboratively with VP of Administration to support the Day Early Learning Center leadership team in all aspects of daily center operations
- Uphold the collaborative efforts of the Day Early Learning Center leadership team, with regular onsite presence.
- Provide continuous support to Day Early Learning Center leadership, in collaboration with VP of Policy & Practice to promote high quality instructional practices, review and monitoring of effective classrooms instruction using program outcomes data.
- Keep up to date on national early childhood trends, research and standards to influence the implementation of the quality practices within center leadership and classroom interactions.
- Provide on-going evaluation, monitoring and feedback to center leadership in meeting all regulatory requirement for Indiana Child Care Licensing, NAEYC, CACFP, and Early Head Start.
- In collaboration with the VP of Administration ensure timely and accurate submission of all required applications, reports, forms and records to all regulatory entities.
- Contribute in development and participation of all Center leadership team meetings
- Through regular on-site visits monitor center and classroom environment (in conjunction with center director) to ensure classrooms are exceeding or meeting all regulatory standards
- Provide support, resources and guidance related to all regulatory standards to all team members within the Day Early Learning System.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience. Education:
- BA in Early Childhood Education, Child Development or related field
- Eight (8) years in a professional position
- Five years in center operations and supervision
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Problem Solving/Decision Making and Intellectual Horsepower – Collects and analyzes complex and seemingly unrelated data sets effectively to reach objective and relevant conclusions and solutions. Logically resolves most problem situations and develops alternative solutions when faced with obstacles; uses innovative ideas to resolve problems and develop effective solutions, takes responsibility for actions.
- Professionalism/Respect – Demonstrates professionalism in appearance and actions; handles difficult or stressful situation in a calm and respectful manner; demonstrates fair treatment of others and supports a positive work environment.
- Collaboration – Cooperates and works together with all co-workers; plan and complete job duties with minimal supervisory direction, including appropriate judgment; collaborates with and supports coworkers by helping out where needed; creates and maintains positive relationships with coworkers; asks for and listens to coworker feedback and incorporates feedback into revised processes; completes work on time and with proper quality; supports cross-training and shares learning with others.
- Customer Service/Communication – Provide prompt, attentive, and friendly customer service in-person and by phone; represents the organization well; maintains personal accountability and ownership for providing excellent customer service. Communicates verbal and written ideas and thoughts clearly, accurately, and respectfully; seeks and responds to feedback from customers to improve service; seeks to understand the perspectives of others.
The statements contained herein describe the scope of the responsibility and essential functions of this position, but should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other areas to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.
Early Learning Indiana is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.