Enhanced Family Child Care Coach
The Enhanced Family Child Care Coach will work with the United Way of Central Indiana to implement an innovative coaching program. The Enhanced Family Child Care Coach will provide technical assistance and training to a core group of family child care providers in the areas of health, safety, nutrition, and standards of a licensed home child care program. The primary goal of the Enhanced Family Child Care Coach will be to ensure that the participating programs increase quality of care that is provided, which will be demonstrated by their Path’s to QUALITY rating. The Enhanced Family Child Care Coach will assist the Project Manager with recruitment for the project and assess current programs that want to build capacity and increase quality within their programs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work with United Way of Central Indiana to provide assistance with ongoing recruitment and capacity building for the Family Child Care Quality Improvement Project.
- Provide ongoing, intensive coaching to identified family child care programs, assisting them in meeting the requirements for a licensed family child care program.
- Plan and conduct monthly coaching visits with a minimum of 20 program participants.
- Prepare, conduct, or arrange for onsite trainings and support as needed for program participants.
- Provide individual and/or group consultation.
- Identify resources and supportive services for program participants.
- Provide participants with feedback regarding progress toward meeting long and short term goals, on a monthly basis.
- Work with participants to develop a baseline assessment of the child care facility, in relation to PTQ levels and accreditation.
- Establish, with participant input, a clear plan of action, designed to assure the greatest degree of success possible.
- Work with agency team to identify most effective strategies to reach identified goals.
- Provide participants with feedback in alignment with Paths to QUALITY standards.
- Enter all data accurately and in a timely fashion in required databases.
- Analyze program data monthly and modify strategies accordingly.
- Attend meetings related to program and agency as a whole
- Work closely with Coach Coordinator to develop strategies and to set goals.
- Make appropriate referrals, when necessary, to state and local agencies.
- Establish clear agreements and appointments; honor all commitments.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in early childhood education or related field
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in an early childhood setting working directly with young children
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in training adults (preferred)
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience providing onsite technical assistance/coaching to child care sites (preferred)
- Driver’s license
- Proof of automobile insurance
- Some Nights and Weekends
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.