Child Care Facilities and Procurement Manager
Early Learning Indiana
The Facilities and Procurement Manager will oversee all aspects of facilities management at Early Learning Indiana. The Facilities and Procurement Manager will analyze organizational spend, manage vendor relationships, enhance the procurement process and drive savings. The Candidate must be able to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Oversee facilities management vendors
- Ensure facilities meet the needs of the employees
- Work with Center leadership to ensure licensing requirements are met or exceeded, and maintained
- Develop long term facilities plan
- Evaluate current vendor relationships and administer contracts
- Work with users to determine best practices for purchasing
- Develop, institute and facilitate formalized procurement processes
- Consolidate supplier relationships where applicable
- Negotiate supplier agreements
- Realize cost savings through optimized procurement activities
- Assist in the creation of facility and capital budgets
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience required
- Procurement/purchasing experience
- 3+ years of facilities management experience
- Knowledge of early childhood education and licensing a plus
- Must be proficient in computer navigation, multi-tasking, and working with software programs
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
The successful employee will demonstrate individual competency in the following areas:
- Customer service focus
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Project management
- Effective communication and negotiation skills
- Attention to detail
- Contract management
- Building administration
The statements contained herein describe the scope of the responsibility and essential functions of this position, but should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements.
About Early Learning Indiana
Early Learning Indiana provides leadership, advocacy, and early childhood education services to continually improve the early learning landscape in Indiana.
We operate high-quality child care centers, help families find quality care, partner with teachers and providers to improve program quality, and advocate for greater access to early educational opportunities for all Hoosier families.
The Statewide Supports team works statewide to expand early learning opportunities. In addition to supporting Indiana’s child care resource and referral agencies, our staff help early education programs reach higher levels of quality, build capacity, and train and retain good teachers. To serve families, we operate Brighter Futures Indiana, a statewide website and call center that serves more than 60,000 families a year with child care referrals and evidence-based information. We also provide professional supports to 4,000 individual child care providers, conduct independent research on early education, and advocate for increased access to high-quality early education for all Hoosiers.
Early Learning Indiana Values
Successful employees, regardless of position, will demonstrate the following:
- Build a Connection
- Anticipate Needs and Welcome Questions
- Keep it Clean and Clutter Free
- Reduce Hassles
- Strive to Make it Right, Right Away
Early Learning Indiana recognizes the strength of diversity that acknowledges and celebrates a society of different individuals, cultures and perspectives whose knowledge, skills and talents enrich and strengthen us as a people. Early Learning Indiana believes in and practices equal opportunity in its operations, community engagement, employment and decision-making and encourages inclusion of diverse members of our community. Indeed, a multicultural approach to creating an inclusive environment for children is a core value of excellence in early childhood education.
Early Learning Indiana is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.