Family & Community Engagement Manager
The Family and Community Engagement Manager provides leadership, alignment, and execution in all family and community engagement efforts in Hamilton, Hendricks, and Marion Counties. He/she is responsible for fulfilling contract goals, reporting on monthly performance targets, and leading a team Specialists. The Family and Community Engagement Manager will seek out and build relationships with new partners, in addition to collaborating effectively with neighborhood, city and regional projects, policy leaders, corporations, and non-profit family-facing organizations. He/she will support the Program Director in strategic planning and achieving annual goals and objectives as set forth by the Board of Directors.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Recruit, train, and onboard team members, ensuring the best possible fit for Child Care Answers’ culture and skills/experience required for open positions.
- Coach and lead team members, establishing standards and guidelines that support their daily job requirements. Increase productivity and retention among team.
- Evaluate team member performance and develop targeted goals that will improve the growth and quality of the organization.
- Manage operations and employee relations as required from a Human Resources perspective.
- Collaborate with colleagues across Child Care Answers to provide support to all audiences as needed.
- Collaborate with fellow managers to build and nurture organizational culture and morale
- Meet or exceed goals set by Program Director for minimum partnerships created each quarter for:
- Corporations and regional/local businesses
- Community organizations
- Social service organizations
- Local government officials and influencers in the area of policy-making for families
- Develop outreach and marketing plans for all consumer groups that leverage partnerships, ensuring sustainable and consistent outreach to each group.
- Collaborate with team to create a Family Education Program, fostering learning opportunities for all families
- Develop, revise and regularly update family and community engagement plans and initiatives with team, parents and community partners, ensuring approaches are coordinated, realistic and responsive to needs and strategic priorities
- Collaborate with the Data Specialist to produce and share information obtained through surveys and assessment regarding stakeholder access and knowledge
- Utilize a collaborative approach to identify avenues to advance the economic development of the counties we serve
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Human Development Administration, Social Work, Business, Psychology, Sociology, Public Administration, Early Childhood Education or a related field required
- Experience: Minimum of 4 years of experience working in an early childhood setting, a Child Care Resource & Referral (CCR&R) agency, or an agency providing family support services; minimum of 5 years of management or leadership experience
- Conversational skills in a language other than English a plus
- Additional requirements:
- Valid driver’s license
- Proof of automobile insurance
- Some weekends and nights
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Written and Verbal Communication Skills: The Family and Community Engagement Manager must be able to explain clearly and succinctly to their team everything from organizational goals to specific tasks. Additionally, the candidate must possess superior communication and active listening skills to clearly articulate needs and opportunities to our audiences, in-person, via phone, or via email.
- Influence: The Family and Community Engagement Manager will have opportunity to influence policy makers and community players, steering them towards the long-range objectives and goals.
- Social Perceptiveness: The Family and Community Engagement Manager must be socially aware of the socio-economic, geographic, cultural, and intellectual differences as he/she navigates from one audience to another.
- Interpersonal Skills: Interpersonal skills include things like compassion, positivity and patience, all of which the Family and Community Engagement Manager must demonstrate daily. These skills are essential to building authentic relationships with potential audiences.
- Organizational Skills: To maintain efficiently the agency’s pipeline of potential audiences, the Family and Community Engagement Manager must be highly organized to track the progress of where he/she is in the process of relationship building with each constituent.
- Innovative Thinking: The Family and Community Engagement Manager must be an innovative thinker, pushing the boundaries of creativity, thinking outside of the box, getting curious, and bringing ideas to life. These skills are essential for seeking out diverse perspectives and gaining fresh connections and networks.
The statements contained herein describe the scope of the responsibility and essential functions of this position, but should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.