Family Engagement Specialist
We’re on a mission to ensure the highest level of early care and education for children in Indiana.
The Family Engagement Specialist focuses on providing parent education and referral support to families residing in Hamilton, Hendricks, and Marion Counties. He/she maintains current knowledge of best practices for family engagement, with a commitment to being responsive to the uniqueness of every family within our area. Parent education is at the heart of this role. He/she believes the parent is the child’s first teacher and understands the role requires skills and information to ensure healthy growth and development. He/she will provide parents education and resources on topics such as child development and choosing quality child care. Fostering relationships with community organizations will be imperative in this role. The Family Engagement Specialist will collaborate effectively with neighborhood, city and regional projects, in addition to government, corporations, and non-profit family-facing organizations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide primary support to families when needing resources, education, and referrals;
- Act as a liaison for families to help make connections to community resources;
- Provide broad and specific education on the Quality Rating and Improvement System (QRIS) for parents, including supports to choose quality early childhood care and education that meets their needs;
- Partner with organizations to provide trainings for families;
- Deliver customer service to families that is sensitive to cultural and educational desires for their children;
- Conduct research and surveys of existing organizations in the community to determine other strategies that may be used to contact families and connect them with programs or other resources that meet their needs;
- Collaborate with colleagues across Child Care Answers to provide support to all audiences as needed.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, Consumer and Family Sciences, Marketing, Public Relations, Business Administration, Social Work, or Counseling.
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in an early childhood setting, a Child Care Resource & Referral (CCR&R) agency, or an agency providing family support services.
- Conversational skills in a language other than English a plus
- Valid driver’s license
- Proof of automobile insurance
- Some weekends and nights
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
The successful employee will demonstrate individual competency in the following areas:
- Written and Verbal Communication Skills: The Family Engagement Specialist must possess superior communication skills to clearly articulate needs and opportunities to our audiences, in-person, via phone, or via email. Speaking in front of an audience and giving presentations should be an area of comfort and confidence.
- Social Perceptiveness: The Family Engagement Specialist must be socially aware of the socio-economic, geographic, cultural, and intellectual differences as he/she navigates from one audience to another.
- Innovative Thinking: The Family Engagement Specialist must be an innovative thinker, pushing the boundaries of creativity, thinking outside of the box, getting curious, and bringing ideas to life. These skills are essential for seeking out diverse perspectives and gaining fresh connections and networks.
- Organizational Skills: To efficiently maintain the agency’s pipeline of potential audiences, the Family Engagement Specialist must be highly organized to track the progress of where he/she is in the process of relationship building with each constituent.
- Interpersonal Skills: Interpersonal skills include things like compassion, positivity and patience, all of which the Family Engagement Specialist must demonstrate daily. These skills are essential to building authentic relationships with potential audiences.
The statements contained herein describe the scope of the responsibility and essential functions of this position, but should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.