Family Engagement Specialist
Early Learning Indiana
Early Learning Indiana an Early Head Start-Child Care Partnership Grantee is supporting the implementation of the Early Head Start model (birth to age 3) within three high quality child care programs. We are seeking a Family Engagement Specialist to deliver and coordinate comprehensive family centered services. This position supports family well being, in order to promote healthy development and increase school readiness skills of the child. This position collaborates within the community to maintain and develop partnerships in order to promote the program goals and individual family needs.
The position will specifically be focused on outreach and family engagement to families. The position will be responsible for targeted services affecting 88 Early Head Start children across 15 classrooms in three child care centers in Indianapolis.
POSITION ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develops strong relationships with families of children, enabling their input and participation into their child’s learning and development.
- Meets regularly with families, and coordinates two home visits annually with teachers and families to better understand and respond to each family and child needs.
- Develops a family partnership agreement, to support families in being engaged in their child’s education and facilitates implementation of those plans, working with families, center directors, teachers and others.
- Assists with child transitions in and out of the program.
- Monitors families CCDF vouchers status and works with center staff to ensure families maintain eligibility and continuity of care for their children, assisting them with paperwork, and providing supports as needed.
- Monitors enrollment and attendance of Early Head Start children and families, enters data into Child Plus.
- Coordinates with centers in planning and executing a wide range of family engagement programming with goals as diverse as improving parent-child relationships to increasing peer exchanges among families.
- Connects families to community supports that address their holistic needs.
- Represents the Network at relevant community events.
- Shares information about family needs and concerns with center directors, teachers and other support staff, in order to inform and improve programming.
- Recruits family members to serve on relevant committees and other governing bodies.
- Design s and conducts trainings for staff on best practices with respect to family engagement.
- Collects, analyze and enters family engagement data aligned with program goals and PFCE frameworks into Child Plus for program reporting purposes
- Initiates and maintains community partnerships that enable family supports, and, contribute to the grant’s matching requirements
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in social work, psychology or a related field.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience working with families.
- Prior experience with early childhood or families of young children preferred.
- Experience in an Early Head Start or Head Start program preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance required.
- Must have access to reliable transportation.
Early Learning Indiana is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
Bachelors or better in Social Work or related field.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.