Floating Center Director
Early Learning Indiana
The Center Director is responsible for administering the program in accordance with state, federal, and accrediting body childcare standards and Early Learning Indiana (ELI) policies and guidelines. The Center Director oversees all aspects of the center including personnel management, budgeting, record keeping, marketing, and building maintenance.
POSITION ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensures compliance with Family and Social Services Administration (FSSA), Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP), National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), and Early Learning Indiana (ELI) policies and guidelines.
- Authorizes purchase of instructional materials and teaching aids such as books, toys, and games designed to stimulate learning.
- Interviews and recommends hiring of teaching and service staff. Leads employee orientation and training sessions, evaluates staffing needs, handles staff discipline issues, and conducts staff evaluations on a regular basis.
- Implements a staff training program to ensure compliance with appropriate agencies.
- Confers with teaching staff regarding a child’s behavioral or learning problems, and recommends methods of modifying inappropriate behavior and encouraging learning experiences.
- Prepares and submits a budget for approval. Monitors the budget to ensure the center operates within the prescribed budgetary constraints. Recommend adjustments as needed.
- Collaborates with Human Resources on personnel files and record management.
- Maintain a clean, welcoming environment for clients, employees, and visitors.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience.
- A Bachelor’s Degree with at least 9 semester credit hours in administration, leadership, or management and 24 credit hours in early childhood education, child development, elementary education, or early childhood special education. Without the prescribed academic coursework, the Center Director must be able to meet the Alternative Pathways to Achieve Educational Qualification as outlined by the NAEYC while working toward the academic coursework.
- A minimum of three years of teaching experience is required.
- A minimum of two years of management experience is required.
Early Learning Indiana is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
Work-Life Balance: Inspired to perform well by having ample time to pursue work and interests outside of work
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.