Lead Pre-K Teacher
Early Learning Indiana
The Lead Pre-K Teacher plans and implements educational activities which are designed to develop a range of social, cognitive and/or motor skills for individual and/or groups in preparation of entry into a Kindergarten program. The Lead Pre-K Teacher supervises and trains Assistant and Floating Teachers through coaching and reflective supervision to support and develop understanding of curriculum, observation, assessment and instruction.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Plans age-appropriate, individual and group activities to stimulate growth in language, social, and motor skills such as learning to listen to instructions, playing with others, and using play equipment.
- Develop and manage an attractive and engaging environment that encourages children’s independence and self-selection of activities.
- Promotes communication with parents through progress notes, monthly newsletter, and parent conferences.
- Plans and implements hands on activities that include a balance of child initiated and teacher initiated activities.
- Alternates periods of strenuous activity with periods of rest or light activity to avoid overstimulation and fatigue.
- Helps children develop habits of caring for own clothing and picking up and putting away toys and books.
- Assesses children’s needs and developmental progress on an ongoing formal and informal basis.
- Ensures the daily schedule provides for smooth transitions and consistency in routines, yet is flexible allowing variations to accommodate the individual needs of children.
- Complies with all licensing, accreditation and other documenting and reporting requirements.
- Assists DNA administration in collecting data for funding partners.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience.
- An Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, Developmental or Child Psychology, Elementary Education or closely related field.
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience in an early childhood setting working directly with young children is preferred.
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
Loyal: Shows firm and constant support to a cause
Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Job Security: Inspired to perform well by the knowledge that your job is safe
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.