Day Early Learning
Job Summary: Plans and implements activities which are designed to develop a range of social, cognitive, and/or motor skills for individual and/or group of children, working within a child care center, classroom, or field environment.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Plans age-appropriate, individual and group activities to stimulate growth in language, social, and motor skills.
- Develop and manage an attractive and engaging environment that encourages children’s independence and self-selection of activities.
- Promotes communication with families through progress notes, monthly newsletter, and parent conferences.
- Leads a teaching team within the classroom.
- Effectively communicates with children, families, coworkers, and administration to support the success of children in one’s care.
- Plans and implements hands on activities that include a balance of child initiated and teacher initiated activities.
- Helps children develop habits of caring for themselves, their belongings, and classroom materials.
- Assesses children’s needs and developmental progress on an ongoing formal and informal basis.
- Complies with all licensing, accreditation and other documenting and reporting requirements.
- Assists ELI administration in collecting data for funding partners.
- Navigates through basic technology programs including Microsoft suite, email, and child assessment tools.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Education: An Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, Developmental or Child Psychology, Elementary Education or closely related field. Bachelors degree preferred.
Experience: A minimum of two (2) years of experience in an early childhood setting working directly with young children is preferred. Knowledge: Basic understanding of child development from birth through age 8 acquired through practical experience and/or direct instruction.
Knowledge: Basic understanding of child development from birth through age 8 acquired through practical experience and/or direct instruction.
Personal Dispositions: To perform this job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following personal dispositions:
- Values growth through learning and relationships; understanding their role as a catalyst in the development of others.
- Values and respects the individuality of each child as a learner who is competent and capable.
- Values their role and responsibility for aligning instruction and assessment with learning goals.
- Values and respects families as the first and primary teacher of children.
- Engages in self-reflection realizing that personal characteristics, biases and beliefs have an impact on children and families.
- Remains open to ideas; willing to learn and driven to improve.
- Commits to fostering positive rapport and demonstrates respect for others and their ideas.
Early Learning Indiana is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
Compensation: $15-19 per hour
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.