Manager of Communications and Engagement
Early Learning Indiana
The Manager of Communications and Engagement staffs communications, engagement and marketing efforts directed to early childhood stakeholders across the state, including child care resource and referral agencies, early childhood professionals and programs, state agencies and families (among others). The manager is primarily responsible for managing design, production and implementation of strategic communications projects that promote Paths to QUALITY, Brighter Futures Indiana, Indiana Learning Paths and Partnerships for Early Learners, as well as social media management of some of these efforts. The manager also provides critical support around learning events and promoting products developed by the data-informed practice team.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Design and copy write audience-focused pieces for online outreach, public relations, events and collateral
- Implement social media strategy
- Lead content development and calendaring for web-based communications including website updates, blog/news posts and visual content
- Serve as key point person for internal design, public relations, copywriting and editing requests from internal departments and key external partners
- Lead distribution of key marketing materials, partnering with external partners on marketing opportunities
- Manage production calendars with vendors from print design to online platforms
- Provide leadership on major communications events and conferences, including with agenda-setting, audience outreach and invitations, execution and follow-up; willingness to travel for press and engagement opportunities essential;
- Provide ongoing analysis of performance of various communications and engagement strategies with a focus on continuous improvement
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience.
- Bachelor degree required, preference for coursework or commensurate experience in communications, graphic design, journalism or related degree
- Two to four years of experience in nonprofit communications, marketing, journalism, content management or a related field required
- Experience working in early childhood, resource and referral, social service or intermediary nonprofit organizations preferred
- Ideal candidate will have demonstrated success with at least two of the following skill sets: graphic design, project management, social media management, video production or consumer outreach
- Additional requirements: Driver’s license; and Proof of automobile insurance
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
The successful employee will demonstrate individual competency in the following areas:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Graphic design skills in Adobe Creative Suite or comparable design software;
- Ability to adapt readily to new communications platforms;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; and
- Collaboration skills to balance the needs of diverse internal and external audiences, as well as to finalize projects on time, on budget and with a focus on program goals.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.