Payroll and Benefits Accounting Specialist
Early Learning Indiana
The Payroll and Benefits Accounting Specialist (PBAS) is responsible for managing the accounting and record keeping tasks related to compensation and payroll taxes. Duties include maintaining payroll data, preparing biweekly and off-cycle compensation, updating relevant data, and coordinating preparation of 941s, 5500, W-2/W-4 and other payroll reporting along with assisting with ACA and other benefits testing and reporting. The incumbent will provide information and reports to management and staff, maintain the financial records of the organization, and provide information that facilitates planning and administration of human resources. To be successful, the PBAS must be unusually detail oriented, accurate and able to work with both the human resources and accounting teams. Excellent customer service skills and impeccable discretion are essential to this role. Remote work, on-site or a blended position will be considered.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administers payroll records for approximately 250 employees: makes changes to deductions, tax status, compensation and job classifications as needed; responds to employee inquiries in a timely manner and trouble-shoots payroll concerns.
- Audits time and attendance system for integrity
- Processes, proofs and produces biweekly payroll utilizing a cloud-based, SAAS provider UltiPro.
- Processes garnishments, child support orders, tax levies, quarterly tax verification, third party sick pay and worker compensation reports.
- Performs year-end audit preparation, third party sick pay integration, and 941 and W-2 verification and mailing.
- Creates, modifies and produces BI reports and notifications as needed.
- Administers health and welfare plans including enrollments and terminations. Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record keeping and proper deductions.
- Processes monthly billings from insurance providers. Reviews billings for accuracy, codes and advances for payment. Resolves discrepancies with carriers, payroll and the company. Coordinates with insurance companies to resolve employee insurance issues. Completes reports for management as requested.
- Assists HR team with annual open enrollment by helping produce and distribution information, communicating with the carriers, and auditing enrollment information. Processes changes to meet deadlines.
- Serves as primary contact in the benefits audit process.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- An Associates or Bachelors degree in Accounting, Payroll or Business is preferred.
- A minimum of three years of payroll/benefits administration is required.
- Experience with Ultimate Software UltiPro a plus.
- Demonstrable customer service skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
The successful employee will demonstrate individual competency in the following areas:
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to work well with others and build relationships throughout an organization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to select, implement and learn new technology/database applications
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to successfully prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Ability to handle confidential client information sensitively and securely
- Effective communication skills to liaison between technology and non-technical users
The statements contained herein describe the scope of the responsibility and essential functions of this position, but should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements.
Early Learning Indiana is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.