Program Engagement Manager
We’re on a mission to ensure the highest level of early care and education for children in Indiana.
The Program Engagement Manager provides leadership, alignment, and execution in the coordination of supports for early childhood programs in Hamilton, Hendricks, and Marion Counties. The Program Manager is responsible for fulfilling contract goals, reporting on monthly performance targets, and leading a team of Specialists. The Program Engagement Manager will seek out and build relationships with new partners to provide opportunities for higher education, credentialing, and obtainment of specialized training. He/she will work closely with the team to educate, inform, and influence child care programs to increase quality and build positive relationships. The Program Engagement Manager will support the Program Director in strategic planning and achieving annual goals and objectives as set forth by the Board of Directors.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Recruit, train, and onboard team members, ensuring the best possible fit for Child Care Answers’ culture and skills/experience required for open positions.
- Coach and lead team members, establishing standards and guidelines that support their daily job requirements. Increase productivity and retention among team.
- Evaluate team member performance and develop targeted goals that will improve the growth and quality of the organization.
- Manage operations and employee relations as required from a Human Resources perspective.
- Collaborate with colleagues across Child Care Answers to provide support to all audiences as needed.
- Collaborate with fellow managers to build and nurture organizational culture and morale
- Coordinate with team to develop and implement a service delivery plan in order to inform each consumer group about the services offered.
- Engage and share information related to professional development, community resources, and coaching opportunities with child care providers.
- Support professional development systems and other related opportunities that can increase the quality of care and education, such as credentialing, obtainment of specialized training, and access to higher education.
- Strategize and plan a process to recruit new early childhood programs into the community to increase access to quality care and education.
- Develop and complete surveys annually that requests feedback from individuals that discuss Child Care Resource & Referral (CCR&R) helpfulness, quality, and usefulness.
- Collaborate with the Data Specialist to produce and share information obtained through surveys and assessment regarding early childhood care and education supply and demand, gaps, and market rates.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, Consumer and Family Sciences, Marketing, Public Relations, Business Administration, Social Work, or Counseling
- Experience: Minimum of 4 years of experience working in an early childhood setting, a CCR&R agency, or an agency providing family support services; minimum of 5 years of management or leadership experience
- Conversational skills in a language other than English a plus
- Valid driver’s license
- Proof of automobile insurance
- Some weekends and nights
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
The successful employee will demonstrate individual competency in the following areas:
- Written and Verbal Communication Skills: The Program Engagement Manager must be able to explain clearly and succinctly to your team everything from organizational goals to specific tasks. Additionally, the candidate must possess superior communication and active listening skills to clearly articulate needs and opportunities to our audiences, in-person, via phone, or via email.
- Influence: The Program Engagement Manager will have opportunity to influence policy makers and community players, steering them towards the long-range objectives and goals.
- Social Perceptiveness: The manger must be socially aware of the socio-economic, geographic, cultural, and intellectual differences as he/she navigates from one audience to another.
- Interpersonal Skills: Interpersonal skills include things like compassion, positivity and patience, all of which the Program Engagement Manager must demonstrate daily. These skills are essential to building authentic relationships with potential audiences.
- Organizational Skills: To maintain efficiently the agency’s pipeline of potential audiences, the Program Engagement Manager must be highly organized to track the progress of where he/she is in the process of relationship building with each constituent.
- Innovative Thinking: The Program Engagement Manager must be an innovative thinker, push the boundaries of creativity, think outside of the box, be curious, and bring ideas to life. These skills are essential for seeking out diverse perspectives and gaining fresh connections and networks.
The statements contained herein describe the scope of the responsibility and essential functions of this position, but should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.