Relationship Growth Specialist
Child Care Answers
The Relationship Growth Specialist will serve as the face of Child Care Answers to new audiences within the community: families requiring child care, local employers, state and local policy leaders, social service agencies, churches, and any other audience who interacts with families of children needing child care. He/she will work closely with family and community engagement staff to educate, inform, and influence the community-at-large on quality child care and early childhood education in our service area: Hamilton, Hendricks, and Marion counties.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Identify new opportunities to reach audiences with whom the agency does not already have a connection
- Initiate, build, and formalize new partnerships with local organizations who share our target audience: families of children requiring child care
- Create connections between agency staff and organizations/employers/individuals needing additional information, support, or access to quality child care
- Coordinate with agency staff to develop marketing plans that target new audiences or segments of existing audiences who are underserved by the agency
- Maintain a presence at local community events, meetings, coalitions, councils, or other groups, both inside and outside of the Early Childhood Education community
- Present to stakeholders on the importance of quality child care and the needs/opportunities to improve it within Central Indiana
- Dialogue with audiences to uncover and understand their needs regarding child care and early education
- Leverage data and themes identified from needs assessments to target audiences that have the greatest opportunities or need for education
- Collaborate with colleagues across Child Care Answers to provide support to all audiences as needed.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required in Marketing, Public Relations, Business Administration, Communications, Early Childhood Education, Child Development, Consumer and Family Sciences, Social Work, or Counseling
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a public-facing role where identifying new clientele and building relationships is key. Experience working in an early childhood setting, a CCR&R agency, an agency providing community support services, or business development position is preferred.
- Mastery of a language other than English a plus
- Additional requirements:
- Valid driver’s license
- Proof of automobile insurance
- Some weekends and nights
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Written and Verbal Communication Skills: Because the Relationship Growth Specialist will spend most of his/her time communicating, the candidate must possess superior communication skills to clearly articulate needs and opportunities to our audiences, in-person, via phone, or via email.
- Active Listening Skills: The Relationship Growth Specialist must demonstrate active listening to understand the specific situation of each potential audience, and to recall this information in a follow-up conversation. It is a key skill for building relationships.
- Social Perceptiveness: The Relationship Growth Specialist must be socially aware of the socio-economic, geographic, cultural, and intellectual differences as he/she navigates from one audience to another.
- Interpersonal Skills: Interpersonal skills include things like compassion, positivity and patience, all of which the Relationship Growth Specialist must demonstrate daily. These skills are essential to building authentic relationships with potential audiences.
- Organizational Skills: To efficiently maintain the agency’s pipeline of potential audiences, the Relationship Growth Specialist must be highly organized to track the progress of where he/she is in the process of relationship building with each constituent.
The statements contained herein describe the scope of the responsibility and essential functions of this position, but should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements.
Early Learning Indiana is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.