Early Learning Indiana
TEACHER JOB SUMMARY
Plans and implements activities which are designed to develop a range of social, cognitive, and/or motor skills for individual and/or groups of children between the ages of 6 weeks and 5 years.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Plans age-appropriate, individual and group activities to stimulate growth in language, social, and motor skills.
- Develops and manages an attractive and engaging environment that encourages children’s independence and self-selection of activities.
- Promotes communication with families through progress notes, monthly newsletter, and parent conferences.
- Leads or collaborates with a teaching team within the classroom.
- Effectively communicates with children, families, coworkers, and administration to support the success of children in one’s care.
- Plans and implements hands on activities that include a balance of child initiated and teacher initiated activities.
- Helps children develop habits of caring for themselves, their belongings, and classroom materials.
- Assesses children’s needs and developmental progress on an ongoing formal and informal basis.
- Complies with all licensing, accreditation and other documenting and reporting requirements.
- Assists ELI administration in collecting data for funding partners.
- Navigates through basic technology programs including Microsoft suite, email, and child assessment tools.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience.
- High School Diploma (or its equivalent).
- CDA or 12 college credits in Early Childhood Education within 2 years of hire is preferred.
- Experience in an early childhood setting working directly with young children is preferred.
The statements contained herein describe the scope of the responsibility and essential functions of this position, but should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements.
To apply for this job please visit app.smartsheet.com.