Vice President Fundraising
Early Learning Indiana
The Vice President (VP) of Fundraising is responsible for strategic planning and execution of fund development to support our programs and initiatives. The successful candidate will strengthen and leverage current relationships with stakeholders, partners and supporters and help forge new relationships to increase Early Learning Indiana’s visibility, impact, and financial resources. The VP will design, implement and oversee a comprehensive plan for developing key external alliances by cultivating individual and philanthropic support.
The VP of Fundraising is responsible for establishing and implementing the infrastructure needed to support a $23M budget through the cultivation and solicitation of major gifts, federal and state grants, special events, and corporate and foundation support. S/he will expand and diversify Early Learning Indiana’s donor base/pipeline and work closely with stakeholders to build awareness of and secure funding for current and new initiatives. In addition, the VP will work closely with the board of directors to lead and support their active fundraising role. It is a high expectation that the amount raised by Early Learning Indiana will increase substantially in future years as the VP systematically strengthens the organization’s overall fundraising capacity in support of the mission.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual will be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities or special needs to perform the essential functions.
- Support and partner with the leadership team and board members on all advancement initiatives.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive development strategy to include corporate, foundation, government grants, special events, major gifts, planned giving, etc.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to guide current and future programs, ensuring that perspectives of all Early Learning Indiana stakeholders are considered.
- Oversee research of funding sources and trends, with foresight, to help position Early Learning Indiana ahead of major funding changes or trends.
- Have primary responsibility for development and execution of all proposals; write and archive all proposals with a long-term relationship-management approach.
- Monitor all donor information; provide and present statistical analysis to board and senior leaders.
- Develop and implement a stewardship program aimed at cultivating deeper ties with donors.
- Monitor and report regularly on the progress of the development program.
- Work with the finance team to develop processes and reporting capabilities which meet the needs of both teams.
- Ensure best practices in fundraising, donor retention and relationship management are implemented.
- Use creativity and ingenuity to develop a modern and respected approach to fundraising at Early Learning Indiana.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual will have the following education and/or experience.
- 10-plus years of professional experience managing and forging relationships with multiple sources in an organization; demonstrated success in a development function.
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s preferred
- CFRE or ACFRE preferred.
- Tangible experience of having expanded and cultivated existing donor relationships over time.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical fundraising initiatives.
- High energy and passion for Early Learning Indiana’s mission is essential.
- Ability to construct, articulate, and implement annual strategic development plan.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.