Grants Awarded To Improve Spanish Language Early Education Programs
Early Learning Indiana awards $54,500 to seven programs
As a part of its ongoing mission to help prepare more children for success in kindergarten and beyond, today Early Learning Indiana awarded $54,500 in grants to seven Spanish-speaking early education programs across the state.
Grant dollars will be used to purchase classroom materials and curriculums required for the programs to advance to a Level 3 on Paths to QUALITY, the state’s child care quality rating and improvement system. The voluntary, four-tiered system assesses each provider on health and safety standards, its overall learning environment, the use of planned curriculums and national accreditations.
The following programs earned awards:
- Chiki’s Child Care, Indianapolis, $6,500
- Kids Cove, Indianapolis, $6,500
- Lety’s Daycare, South Bend, $5,000
- Maria Sanchez, Indianapolis, $6,500
- Pequenos Angelitos Daycare LLC, Indianapolis, $10,000
- Rayitos de Sol Daycare, South Bend, $5,000
- Tu Escuelita, Indianapolis, $15,000.00
Since 2015, Early Learning Indiana has awarded more than $2 million in grants that created more than 1,500 new high-quality seats throughout the state. Grants like these are made possible thanks to the generous support of the Lilly Endowment and its $20 million in support of Early Learning Indiana’s efforts.